Thursday, October 11, 2012

PaD #11 - something close-up


I have this amazingly beautiful and fantastic dress that I got in Israel many years ago.  it's not the sort of thing you pick up at any shouk - we went to the Bedouin market for this beauty (my Israeli/Romani dad knew how to shop that's for damn sure).


here are a few close-ups of the exquisite thread work - the best I could get with the Blackberry, which is sort of frustrating when it comes to prompts like this, as I have no control over anything.  just like the old point-and-shoot Instamatic days...oh, my...does anyone remember Instamatic cameras?  I'm sure some of you must, I know there are people older than me in the world!   

look at those stitches!

no patterns, all free form

I do long for a shiny, new, digital rig with manual controls, so I know I'll get one someday - but in the meantime, the camera-phone is what I have, so I am content with it, and feel lucky for even that much.

takes my breath away...

the old Nikon I used to shoot my black and whites with is still on the closet shelf, being neglected, collecting dust.  I truly do miss film, though as an environmentalist, the chemicals I used to love to breath in the darkroom were of constant concern, and while I am still staunchly opposed to switching from 'photographer' to 'digital imager', I understand moving with the times or getting left behind.


respect


so these shots are as 'close-up' as I can get without a Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR (what?) strapped onto a Nikon D600 digital SLR 24.3 megapixel camera body...maybe I'll put one of those 'tip jars' up on the blog, so my wealthy, anonymous readers can donate to the cause of having me post better pictures for the photo challenges!  a girl can dream, right?  but for the price of all that, I could have 2 or 3 of these dresses.  which would you rather have?



 Photo a day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to hear from you - please let me know that you came to visit (sorry about the word verification, but I've been getting too much spam)!