Monday, July 9, 2012

PaD #7: garden

okay, I have to admit, I'm slightly obsessed with my cucumbers. it's the first time I'm growing them, and they've been a very satisfying addition to my small, seasonal, container garden. there are about 8 or 9 little fruits ripening on the vines, with many pretty yellow flowers, and the trellis makes a nice privacy screen between my neighbor and I. we also planted lettuces, radishes, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, rosemary, and flowers.  the lettuces are doing great, the radishes were superb, but are all gone now, the broccoli bolted but we've gotten a few small florets, the tomatoes oddly haven't flowered at all, the peppers keep flowering but not producing fruit, the rosemary is gorgeous, the flowers are lovely, and I believe I've already covered the cucumbers...






my son also planted some lemon seeds (he'd plant every seed and pit of every fruit he ate, if I let him), which seem to be doing quite well, I'm happy to say...



the sexy shots of my beautiful pansies, I love them so!

Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos




...and this is my garden helper, Petey : )


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've got a far greener thumb than I've got - very impressive! If you've been to my blog recently you'll know that I finally managed to keep something alive, at least :).

    ReplyDelete

I do so love to hear from you - please let me know that you came to visit (sorry about the word verification, but I've been getting too much spam)!