Tuesday, April 2, 2019

M is for...

Martha...
Marvelous Martha!


anyone who grew up in the 70's and watched an American tv show called Sesame Street will recognize this one!  for some reason, my mom used to say it all the time, ostensibly because My name starts with an M, and she would substitute my name for Martha's so I was the one who was marvelous...though it's been quite some time since she held that sentiment for me, or anything I've done, or do.

while looking for a link to the Sesame Street video on youtube, I came across this shocking little ditty of the same title, by a band called The Accused, featuring a sample of the Sesame Street version before slamming into a death-metal frenzy that Blogger must consider abhorrent as it won't even pull it up for me to share with you - but I'm sharing the link, in case any of you are into that (or the freedom to make your own decisions, regardless of what your blog site decides for you).  ðŸ˜‰

https://youtu.be/o-JkqMUp5N4


check out all the other M's here!

10 comments:

  1. There are some characters who are marvelous and earn their place in our memories :)
    Maritime Trade- Odisha And Bali Connection- Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it wasn't the character so much as the phrase...and I have LOTS of Sesame Street songs and skits lodged in my brain from over the years!

      Delete
  2. By the time Sesame Street came along I was a teenager. I do remember Schoolhouse Rock though. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schoolhouse Rock was another great show I used to watch as a kid - and it premiered 4 years AFTER Sesame Street. ; )

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. so did I! and I watched it all over again with my kid on video, because the older version was WAY better than the modern show, in my opinion.

      Delete
  4. My first high school girlfriend was named Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she knew how to print more than the first letter of her name! ; )

      Delete
  5. Fun video for M ~ Martha is great!

    Happy Days to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

I do so love to hear from you - please let me know that you came to visit (sorry about the word verification, but I've been getting too much spam)!