Tuesday, March 26, 2019

L is for...

Love

it seems like such a trite subject because I'm a jaded and grumpy person, but it really is the most beautiful and fundamental of emotions.  so I started going through my old posts, looking for an image that represents 'love' to me - I had one specific image in mind, but I didn't know where amongst my many photos it was, and I ran across it so yay - and found a few other 'L' things along the way.


this right here.  this is love.  I love this photo of the love of my life.  


again, is it trite to talk about your progeny as 'the love of your life'?  no, never.  when I was the age my son is now, I would have audibly, sarcastically, gagged at my own proclamation of love towards a child, let alone love for a child I had chosen to Have!  but having loved his father more than I've loved any of my lovers for the brief 5 years (give or take) that we were 'together', and thinking I had never felt such love towards another human being in my life, and how big it was, that kind of 'romantic' love was very different than the way I love our (my) son.  other kinds of love in my life are the love I feel towards my family (whether or not it's returned, because they are my people for better or worse); the love I've felt/feel for my pets, (who are also members of the family); and my love for longtime friends (my chosen family).

I wonder if my kitties have loved each other?

I love this pain in my behind -
we've been friends for 30 years, and are currently mad at each other.

other 'L' images:

I love the LIGHT in this shot

LIBRARY!

LABYRINTH
(not one I built, but a cool image I snagged from the interwebs)

oh look -  hearts made of wood chips.  ok, not an 'L', but it works with the theme...



come see what everyone else is posting!

10 comments:

  1. Thankfully there are lots of things I love... and every love is another than the next one… stop and think about the richness in that.

    Have a splendid, ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week at https://abcwednesday.com
    ♫ M e l d y ♪ (ABC-W-team)
    http://melodyk.nl/24-L

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to be "mad" at a 30 year old (because you know they know or can do "better"), but hopefully it's a temporary thing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah - except we're 50, and he still acts like the worst kind of teenager. it's annoying, and embarrassing, and I often don't want him around my teenaged son because of his bad habits. but after 30 years of friendship, what do you do? just dump him? hope he changes? or set up stricter boundaries?

      Delete
  3. Love personified in your elegant photos ~ love the baby photo and kittens!

    Happy Times to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

I do so love to hear from you - please let me know that you came to visit (sorry about the word verification, but I've been getting too much spam)!