Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Playtime with Pansies

 I trimmed the pansies back because they were getting so tall and rangey, and I knew how pretty the little flowers would look in small glass jars.
 The angle of the sun wasn't quite right, and I didn't have a great location scouted out for this type of shot, I just saw the little flowers in the pretty jars, and they made such a lovely scene that I had to capture it, regardless of its status on the scale of desired outcomes.
 I think some of these aren't half bad, as studies - I mean, at least I know where the sun is coming in if I want to do more of this kind of shot, and at a preferred angle with a planned background!  And it's cool to play with the settings in the new phone - new possibilities at every turn!
 I over-processed this one in an attempt to make it look like something it's not, like a painting, or drawing.  It's definitely surreal, and I like the quality of the print, but a better framed shot would have made for a cleaner overall image.



I love a good sunburst, and the clear jars look fantastic in the wash of bright light.  Great angle, but I wish I'd taken the time to think about the background, as well.









and one black & white, for good measure


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pansies, and the jars look amazing in the bright sun.

    ReplyDelete

I do so love to hear from you - please let me know that you came to visit (sorry about the word verification, but I've been getting too much spam)!