Saturday, April 18, 2009

I did it - I'm in!

So, I'm trying to figure out how to do this thing, with my first hurdle being, "what the hell is my password?" I try to keep my passwords to a minimum so I don't have 15, 000 of them to remember, but it doesn't always work...Great, so I figured out how to sign up, and sign in, now maybe I can work on making it look pretty! I've no idea, really, what to 'blog' about! Two friends just seem to write about the generals of the day; mommy issues, family stuff, around the house and such. Another friend (and partner) check in about their homesteading, goat babies, beekeeping and the like. So, what do I have to say? I actually signed up for this so I could get some experience, because my employer thought I could do a blog about the things that go on at work. Seems like a good idea, as I run into lots of interesting people who tell me a variety of interesting things...things our customers may or may not care about! So is it a personal blog? Or a work-related blog? Who am I talking to? If you're out there, maybe I should let you decide...

Here's a bit about me: I am a 40yr. old single mom to one boy, who has been there, done that, and given it all up in favor of raising my boy, and giving him some semblance of what's considered a normal life. Don't kid yourself, I'm not what you think. I work at a 98 year old orchard in NY where we relocated to from Vermont, coming on two years ago...I do the standard 9-5 thing, and spend my evenings and weekends with the boy. I hardly ever get out. It's pathetic, and kind of sweet at the same time. In the process of raising him, I stopped caring about myself so much, and I let myself get all fat and squishy. Sexy, but squishy! I have no real contact with my close friends except on Facebook, reading of blogs, or the occassional phone call, and my BFF is currently in drug treatment 'till June (if they actually let him out, we'll see!). I have a guy or two insterested, and I'm just crossing my fingers on THAT one!

O.k.? How's that? I feel like I've done something...sort of. I've left a lot out. Not sure how much I should or shouldn't say. Again, if you're out there, tell me what you think. More of something? Less? I'll get back to it, soon enough -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to hear from you - please let me know that you came to visit (sorry about the word verification, but I've been getting too much spam)!