Sunday, October 14, 2012

PaD #13 - landscape



I can't even say how many times I've used this photo, I just really like it...
 

a few years ago, while working at the orchard, I passed this field four times a day - out to daycare, then to work, then back to daycare, and home.  every time I turned that corner, my eyes looked to see it.  I finally decided to capture it one perfect summer day, and I'm so glad I did.  it was a wonderful sight to have in my daily life, and always made me smile.  no matter what else was going on, there was at least 1 second of peace in every journey, whether I was in a state of mind to acknowledge it or not.  what a gift this diary farm was to me; if you were standing right in this spot, and turned your head to the right, you would see the cow barn across the road, the corn cribs with the crows and other birds hanging on them, and the old farm house.  just up the street a little bit are the ruins of an earlier farm and house, and I often wondered what I could learn from scratching around in that dirt a little - maybe it wanted me to know its story, maybe it felt me listening, and knew I would hear.




Photo a day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to hear from you - please let me know that you came to visit (sorry about the word verification, but I've been getting too much spam)!