Friday, June 19, 2009

Well, it certainly has been a crazy week! The Strawberry Festival was awesome, we had a great time - but I was so busy spending every dollar in my wallet on the boy (o.k., I spent some on me, too!), I didn't snap ONE SINGLE SHOT! Bollocks. There were gorgeous sailboats on the river, kids playing, bands, all sorts of festival stuff going on, and everything..! Oh well. We're headed out of town for the next however many (7-10?) days, and there will be plenty more opportunities to snap off a few... Back to my crazy week.

Monday found me at the doc's for a boob exam; he wants another mamo of lefty before he lets me off the hook and puts me on a yearly schedule instead of every three months...then off to the Dispute Resolution Center where we spent 3 HOURS hashing out an agreement to leave each other in peace and just get our work done for the upcoming season. I don't think it'll hold up, but we'll have to wait and see. Tuesday, I ACTUALLY got some staining done, but only one coat, and only a couple of pieces. The loft project is certainly taking more time and energy than I had originally thought, but I will prevail! The boy WILL have a new bedroom before he starts kindergarten in the Fall - painted, furnished, and decorated! Now if only it will stop raining so I can get outside...

Wednesday was freaky drama day! The faraway dude's EX-WIFE called me (how'd she get the number?) to find out whether or not he had broken up with me because they were going to try and work things out and get remarried! He denies this, of course, but I did my best to listen to her, and offer her advice without divulging any personal info about myself or the man in question. I understand her hopes and fears, so I wanted to be helpful and friendly to her, but he is an old friend, and I didn't want to betray him in any way! It was an interesting conversation, to say the least...but I think she gained some clarity, and that's all I can hope for. Kind of changes my level of commitment to 'waiting' for him, not that I was, but I don't think I should consider him as...serious about me as I previously had! Ah, well. So it goes...

After a pleasant Thursday, that passed completely uneventfully for me, due to the aforementioned incessant rain, came super-busy Friday! The boy graduated from pre-k today! Yaay! The ceremony was really fun, and kinda silly, so of course we enjoyed it, thank you!

Tomorrow, we have a birthday party to attend, after which, we are OUTTA HERE! I can't wait to head up North and let all my cares melt away for a bit..! Looking forward to the boy getting to see his dad, as well. Super-tired after my oddball week, and lots of stuff to do to get ready to go to VT! *YAAA-aaa-wwwwnnnnn!* O.k., sleep deprivation is demanding I sleep RIGHT NOW, and I will do my best to keep up with the blogging while I'm away - have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to hear from you - please let me know that you came to visit (sorry about the word verification, but I've been getting too much spam)!